BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, July 16, 2012

36 Weeks, AKA 9 Months Pregnant!

How Far Along?  36 weeks (Only one week away from being full-term, eeeek!)

How Big is Baby?  At 36 weeks he weighs about 5 pounds and is 18 inches long, which is the size of a honeydew melon.  Yep, I do believe I'm packing a honeydew in there, hehe.
Neven doesn't move as often as he did before, but when he does move, his movements are strong and sometimes painful.  He also never really found my ribs, hence I seem to be carrying him lower than I did with Aria.  Neven also gets the hiccups at least twice a day... we keep telling Neven to stop drinking so much, hehe.

Our next doctor's appointment is tomorrow.  My doctor will be doing another ultrasound to check Neven's position (verifying he is head down) and his size.  I will definitely do an update after the appointment, since we should get some good information out of it.  After this appointment, I will be visiting my doctor every week from here on out.

Physical Changes in Me:  I've gained one pound in the past two weeks, putting me at a total weight gain of 31 pounds.  Here is my 35 week belly:
  
A few days ago, I decided to take off my wedding rings until after Neven is born.  It was a warm day, and I noticed  slight swelling in my fingers.  My rings were only a little harder to get off than normal, but I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I have to pry them off my fingers.  I always feel naked when I'm not wearing my rings, since I've worn a ring on that finger since I was 16 years old (when Shaun gave me a promise ring).

How I'm Feeling:  In the past 2 weeks I've actually been feeling fairly good.  This is probably due to the fact that I've finally "accepted" being 8-9 months pregnant by telling myself that I don't need to be doing things at my normal non-pregnant pace.  I've definitely slowed down in my day-to-day activities, but this has made my aches and pains much more manageable.  I've been taking a nap every other day and I get 8 hours of sleep each night, which also seriously helps me feel better.  

Shaun is also being very helpful by helping me when I need it...  Especially by playing with Aria, since she needs time to literally run around with one of us to burn off energy.  I will play with her all day by doing activities such as coloring, reading books, playing with Play-Doh, etc., but nothing beats having running races with Dad around the house :)      

This week I finished my aerobic swim class.  I am sad to be done, since it gave me some exercise and made me feel weightless, but I am also happy to be done, since we did the same exact routine every class.  I need variety in my fitness routines, and I was getting very bored.  I might go to the public pool for open swim a couple times in the next few weeks to get some exercise... we'll see.

Best Moment this Past Month:  All the times Aria hugs and kisses Neven and tells him "I love you".  She doesn't know what she is really in for!   

Baby Purchases/Planning:  I finally got Neven's space completely set up.  I owe half the credit to Shaun, since I needed his assistance to move all the furniture in our room to make it happen.  After the furniture rearrangement, we came to this set-up:




I love how his bed will be right next to ours.  Also, if he has problems sleeping in the pack-n-play, we can simply move it out of the room and unfold the inclined rock-n-play sleeper stored right beside it.  This weekend we started potty training Aria, cold-turkey style by saying good-bye to diapers, so I was able to transfer her changing pad and diaper pail to Neven's room.  Now we are just waiting for the little guy to make an appearance :)  By the way, did you notice his name on the wall?  I made those letters from chipboard and scrapbook paper.  I love how they turned out.  Here is a close-up:


  

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment