How Far Along? 33 weeks 4 days
How Big is Baby? At 33 weeks he weighs a little more than 4 pounds and is 17 inches long. At our 32 week appointment, Neven was measuring one week ahead. Remember I've been saying that this whole time that Neven has been on the smaller side? Well, he must have had a growth spurt or something. Now, he may actually turn out to be an 8 pound baby just like his big sister.
Neven still likes to kick a ton. His kicks are really strong, too. They are pretty uncomfortable, and fairly painful at times, so I'm often finding myself pushing back on his appendages, and telling him to "get back inside!"
| My pregnant belly at 30 weeks |
How I'm Feeling: At 30 weeks pregnant, I definitely started to feel the constant aches and pains of third trimester pregnancy. I slowed down in pretty much everything: walking, the speed at which I did house chores, and the energy I had to play with Aria.
Then came week 32, oh dear. My groin has been aching for awhile now (a lingering pain from when I was pregnant with Aria), but in week 32 I actually pulled my groin muscle. This makes standing, walking, rolling over in bed, getting up from the floor, and pretty much any activity that requires moving, very painful. Simply said, I feel disabled. I can't even go on a walk to the playground near our house without limping, walking at sloth speed, and coming home in pain. Sigh. Unfortunately this won't go away until after Neven is born. On the plus side, I've been taking my fitness swim class twice a week for exercise, and I can barely feel the pain in my groin. I love being in the water! I feel so amazing when gravity isn't torturing my muscles and joints.
Best Moment this Past Month: Seeing Neven on an ultrasound at our 32 week appointment. My doctor wasn't going to do an ultrasound for another 2-4 weeks, but I convinced her to do a quick one just so we could take a peek at Neven. Luckily she wasn't busy and agreed to take a look :) First we saw his face... adorable! He had his toes near his mouth and it looked like he was about to suck on his toes, haha! Our baby boy was totally bent in half. The flexibility of babies astounds me sometimes. Then, we verified he was still a boy, and yep, there is still no doubt!
Baby Purchases: I've bought some small things here and there, but one bigger purchase I made was the Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper. I plan on using this as a napper and as a place to set Neven down. If he has reflux issues, it would also be great for him to sleep in, since it is inclined.
Not purchase related, but I washed all of Neven's newborn and 0-3 month clothes, and put them away in his dresser. I also prepped, washed, and put away his newborn diapers (a separate post to come on that topic).
Print this post
Then came week 32, oh dear. My groin has been aching for awhile now (a lingering pain from when I was pregnant with Aria), but in week 32 I actually pulled my groin muscle. This makes standing, walking, rolling over in bed, getting up from the floor, and pretty much any activity that requires moving, very painful. Simply said, I feel disabled. I can't even go on a walk to the playground near our house without limping, walking at sloth speed, and coming home in pain. Sigh. Unfortunately this won't go away until after Neven is born. On the plus side, I've been taking my fitness swim class twice a week for exercise, and I can barely feel the pain in my groin. I love being in the water! I feel so amazing when gravity isn't torturing my muscles and joints.
Best Moment this Past Month: Seeing Neven on an ultrasound at our 32 week appointment. My doctor wasn't going to do an ultrasound for another 2-4 weeks, but I convinced her to do a quick one just so we could take a peek at Neven. Luckily she wasn't busy and agreed to take a look :) First we saw his face... adorable! He had his toes near his mouth and it looked like he was about to suck on his toes, haha! Our baby boy was totally bent in half. The flexibility of babies astounds me sometimes. Then, we verified he was still a boy, and yep, there is still no doubt!
Baby Purchases: I've bought some small things here and there, but one bigger purchase I made was the Fisher Price Rock-n-Play sleeper. I plan on using this as a napper and as a place to set Neven down. If he has reflux issues, it would also be great for him to sleep in, since it is inclined.
Not purchase related, but I washed all of Neven's newborn and 0-3 month clothes, and put them away in his dresser. I also prepped, washed, and put away his newborn diapers (a separate post to come on that topic).

So sorry to hear about the groin pain. You look absolutely amazing and I can't believe the 10 pound gain..must be all Neven. Swimming is total bliss when your pregnant. Don't you just wish you could swim all day to ease those aching joints? Take care...that beautiful baby boy will be in your arms before we know it! Have a fun getaway weekend with the girls this weekend and take it easy on the walking!
ReplyDeleteLove you so much....Cheryl