BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

39 Weeks

I've hit 39 weeks pregnant!  This is also the week that Shaun and I don't necessarily want Neven to be born.  Shaun has school finals tomorrow and Thursday, we have a wedding rehearsal and dinner on Friday, and Josh and Christen's wedding on Saturday (where Shaun is the best man!).  Of course we will be ready whenever Neven decides it is time, but it would be best to hold out until his due date!

I had a doctor's appointment earlier today, and nothing changed in the last week.  My blood pressure is excellent, I have zero swelling, I'm 2 cm dilated with no effacement, and Neven is at a -3 station (this means he is fairly high still and hasn't "dropped").

One thing that has changed is the onset of Braxton Hicks contractions.  I started getting them yesterday evening, with 4 contractions in 1.5 hours.  They stopped until I went to bed, and then I had a bunch throughout the night.  This morning they stopped again, and I haven't had a single one today.  It is a very strange feeling to have my entire belly turn rock hard with no pain.  I didn't have a single Braxton Hicks contraction with Aria, so this is a new sensation.

And now a belly shot, taken yesterday:


Print this post

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your wish and Neven holds out until his due date....this is a busy, busy week for all of you. But we are here for you day or night if needed! Hope you get lots of rest these last few days before your precious little son makes his way into this world! If I can help you out in any way...maybe an Aria day with Memere?? Let me know!~

    Love you bunches~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Heather! He's been a easy going kid this long- let's hope he continues it through delivery :) Love ya 4!

    ReplyDelete